- MIL-SPEC: Manufactured in accordance with US Government Specification.
- TRITIUM GAS TUBES: Self illuminated 24/7 tritium gas tubes for up to 25 years.
- SEARCH & RESCUE: Designed for Search And Rescue missions.
- SWISS MADE: Proudly hand made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939. Uses ETA FØ6 high-torque 3 jewels Quartz movement with EOL (End-of-Life) indicator.
- NSN NUMBER: Nato Stock Number 6645-20-001-9382 engraved on case back.
- Commonly known as the TSAR ‘Tritium Search and Rescue’
- Intended use: Dive, search and rescue
- Encapsulated tritium (Isotope H3) light sources are at each hour position on dial and on hour and minute hands
- Movement: High torque quartz with EOL (End of Life indicator for battery)
- Optional stainless steel bracelets, rubber and leather straps available
The Marathon Search & Rescue Diver’s Quartz is a diver’s watch with a high torque, accurate swiss quartz movement. Designed for use by Search and Rescue (SAR) divers and manufactured under ISO 6425 standards, the Diver’s Quartz is a watch built to withstand the most extreme conditions. The Diver’s Quartz is also known as the Tritium Search and Rescue (TSAR).
The Marathon TSAR is water resistant down to 30 ATM - 300 meters (1000 feet) underwater. Made from 316L surgical grade stainless steel, the TSAR is a purpose built watch that will not let you down. The glass of the TSAR is in fact not glass, but a synthetic sapphire that resists scratches.
The TSAR is handmade in La Chaux de Fonds Switzerland to guarantee the highest level of quality and accuracy in manufacturing. Inside the TSAR is a Swiss made, 3 jewel ETA F06 high torque quartz movement.
The TSAR uses self contained Tritium gas tubes to ensure constant visibility in low light situations. A gas tube is placed on each hour marker, each hand and uses MaraGlo for the 12 hour bezel marker. Tritium tubes are self illuminating gas tubes which contain an isotope of hydrogen, meaning they will not dull down in brightness like normal photo-luminescent paint which requires an external light source to create a glow.
The TSAR combines Military toughness with Swiss craftsmanship in a watch that will get the job done, and look good doing it.