- MIL-SPEC: Built to Government specifications for use by military personnel.
- HIGH TORQUE MOVEMENT: Swiss made ETA FØ6 3 jewel high-torque Quartz movement with EOL (End-of-Life) indicator for superior timekeeping and quality. Submersibility: 3ATM
- TRITIUM GAS TUBES: Self-illuminating tritium gas tubes glow with no need to be charged by an external light source.
- PILOT'S WATCH: Designed for pilots and paratroopers. Features a lightweight high impact fibreshell case and sapphire crystal.
- SWISS MADE: Marathon watches are proudly made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939.
- Movement: High torque quartz • ETA FØ6 Movement
- Scale Quantity: 2
- Scale Range: 1-12 (13-14)
- Luminous Features: Tritium Gas Tubes
- Case: Composite 316L Stainless Steel Back
- Submersibility: 3ATM
- Crystal Type: Sapphire
- Crown Type: Pressure
- Dimensions: 34mm diameter / 12mm thickness
- Strap: 16mm Nylon
The Marathon General Purpose Quartz is a highly accurate watch built to strict military standards (MIL-PRF-46374G, Type I, Class 1). Designed for field use by military personnel, the General Purpose Quartz is built to withstand the needs of infantry, as well as suit civilians needs for a casual watch.
The General Purpose Quartz is made from a highly durable, impact resistant fibershell case that is water resistant to 3 atmospheres (30 meters - 100 feet), sweat resistant and will not yield to the elements. The fibershell case of the General Purpose Quartz also has a passive matte finish. This matte finish aids in protecting infantry positions as this finish does not provide a reflective surface which would occur on a normal metal case. Fibershell is also an extremely lightweight material, an important factor on the battlefield where every ounce counts.
The General Purpose Quartz is made in La Chaux de Fonds Switzerland to guarantee the highest level of quality and accuracy in manufacturing. Powered by a Swiss made, high torque, 3 jewel ETA F06 Quartz movement, the watch guarantees you a high degree of accuracy in timekeeping. The ETA F06 is accurate to -0.3/+0.5 seconds per day and also includes an End of Life (EOL) indicator that will advance the seconds hand once every 4 seconds to inform you that a battery change is needed.
The GPQ uses a sapphire crystal which is durable and scratch resistant. The back of the GPQ is made of 316L surgical stainless steel, a steel with low carbon content that will not corrode over time.
The General Purpose Quartz uses self-contained Tritium gas tubes to ensure constant visibility in low light situations. A gas tube is placed on each hour marker and hand. Tritium tubes are self illuminating gas tubes which contain an isotope of hydrogen, meaning they will not dull down in brightness like normal photo-luminescent paint which requires an external light source to create a glow.
The General Purpose Quartz combines military durability with Swiss craftsmanship to provide an accurate timepiece that will satisfy you for years of daily use.