Desert Tan General Purpose Quartz with MaraGlo (GPQ) - 34mm
- COLLOQUIAL NAME: General Purpose Quartz with MaraGlo™ (GPQ w/MaraGlo™)
- MOVEMENT: High Torque quartz • ETA FØ6 Movement
- SCALE QUANTITY: 2
- SCALE RANGE: 1-12 (13-24)
- LUMINOUS FEATURES: MaraGlo™
- CASE: Desert Tan Composite, 316L Stainless Steel caseback
- SUBMERSIBILITY: 3 ATM
- CRYSTAL TYPE: Sapphire
- CROWN TYPE: Pressure
- DIMENSIONS: 34mm Diameter / 12mm thickness
LUG WIDTH: 16mm
- MIL-SPEC: Built to Government specifications for use by military personnel.
- HIGH TORQUE MOVEMENT: Swiss made ETA F06 3 jewel high-torque Quartz movement with EOL (End-of-Life) indicator for superior timekeeping and quality.
- MARAGLO PAINT: Markers and hands use Maraglo photo luminescent paint to glow in the dark after being charged by a light source.
- FIELD WATCH: Designed for general infantry. Features a lightweight high impact fibreshell case and sapphire crystal.
- SWISS MADE: Marathon watches are proudly made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939.
- Movement: High torque quartz with EOL (End of Life indicator for battery)
- Hour and minute hands & hour markers on dial use MaraGloTM paint for low light viewing
- Made iaw MIL-PRF-46374G Type I, Class 1 but with MaraGloTM illumination instead of tritium
- Fibershell high-impact case with stainless steel back is water resistant and dustproof
- Includes nylon strap 16mm
- Optional straps available
The Marathon General Purpose Quartz is a highly accurate watch built to strict military standards under MIL-PRF-46374G, Type I, Class 1. The General Purpose Quartz is built to withstand the needs of infantry, as well as suit civilians needs for a casual watch.
Developed by Marathon Watch Company as a field watch to be issued to military personnel, the General Purpose Quartz is a watch that meets the requirements of a true military field watch.
The General Purpose Quartz is made from a highly durable fibershell case that is water resistant to 3 atmospheres (30 meters - 100 feet) and will not yield to the elements. The fibershell case of the General Purpose Quartz also has a passive matte finish. This matte finish aids in protecting infantry positions as this finish does not provide a reflective surface which would occur on a normal metal case. Fibershell is also an extremely lightweight material, an important factor on the battlefield where every ounce counts.
The General Purpose Quartz is made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland to guarantee the highest level of quality and accuracy in manufacturing. Powered by a Swiss made, high torque, 3 jewel ETA F06 Quartz movement, the General Purpose Quartz guarantees you accuracy in timekeeping.
The ETA F06 is accurate to -0.3/+0.5 seconds per day and includes an End of Life (EOL) indicator that will advance the seconds hand once every 4 seconds to inform you that a battery change is needed.
The GPQ uses a sapphire crystal which is durable and scratch resistant. The back of the GPQ is made of 316L surgical stainless steel, a steel with low carbon content that will not corrode over time.
The General Purpose Quartz uses MaraGlo photo-luminescent paint to illuminate its hands and dial markers. Once charge with an external light source, MaraGlo will glow on its own for 8 hours.
The General Purpose Quartz combines military durability with Swiss craftsmanship to provide an accurate timepiece that will satisfy you for years of daily use.